two new images, one for the Raspberry Pi (all ARM7 RPIs including the 3B+) and one for the Odroid C2 are up.
You can read the changelogs here:
In order to download them, you can visit the download section of this website or use the following sourceforge URLs:
I have started updating/revising all information on this website but it’s not finished yet. This means that you will still have to download (from sourceforge) release_notes_and_instructions.txt for each image and read the inscructions carefully.
Last but not least, please remember that Archphile is a non-profit project and your donation is the way to keep it alive!
two days ago, a new image was uploaded for the Raspberry Pi. It supports all ARMv7 RPIs, including the latest 3 B+.
Below you will find a quick changelog:
– Raspberry Pi 3 B+ support
– Fully updated ArchlinuxARM
– latest MPD packages based on MPD 0.20.18
– latest MPD fork package (SACD ISO package)
– latest YMPD client
– I2S dac support for the majority of DACS found in Raspberry Pi kernel
– latest librespot and other Archphile packages
For more information please visit the following link:
As you already know, Archphile is not an active project anymore. However I decided to upload two new images: one for the Raspberry Pi 2/3 and one for Odroid C2: The reasons are simple and explained below:
- I keep using Odroid C2 as a daily driver for my own needs. From time to time I create an image from scratch and this time I decided to upload it and share it with you.
- In the past I received donations for various people in order to support the Raspberry Pi 3. In addition, I received a Raspberry Pi 3 board for free (thank you very much Collybia people!). Last but not least, I received various I2s dacs from manufacturers worldwide. As you understand it would not be fair not to upload an image for the RPI and these dacs. It was the only way to thank all these people who supported me!
The images were uploaded on sourceforge some days ago and you may find them using the links below:
Each folder has a txt file named release_notes_and_instructions.txt. Please read this file carefully in order to be informed about the new goodies included in Archphile (Spotify Premium support, Roon Bridge etc.). In order to configure these new images for your needs you will need to use a combo of this file along with the how-to section of this website.
After the announcement of two very interesting hardware platforms:
I have been asked many times if I am willing to support them. The answer is obvious: of course I would like to support both devices but as Archphile is a community driven project the only way I can do this is with the support of the community!
If you are interested in seeing these two new platforms supported, please use the Paypal button on the right side to donate so that you can help me buy both of them and start the porting of Archphile distribution.