Some of its features:
- support for USB and I2S Dacs
- recompiled mpd 0.19.13 (mpd-archphile) based on mpd-light from AUR – niceness is set to -16 and lots of mpd features are disabled in each version (press mpd -V for more info)
- ympd web interface
- usb disk/flash automounting using udevil.
- upnp/dlna support using upmpdcli
- Airplay/shairport using shairport-sync
- dchp enabled by default
- reachable with url http://archphile.local if zeroconf is enabled. Windows users please download this package to enable. In any other situation you can find the ip from your router
- samba/cifs/nfs support – you have configure /etc/fstab according to your own needs by modifying the sample lines
- default credentials:
- various webradios based on Volumio github repository.
- mixer is disabled by default. Use your amp to change the volume level. Ensure that system level is set to 100% using alsamixer command.
– Pops/Clicks when changing DSD tracks or when moving to a different time on a specific track. Be careful! (This is not a bug – this is how many players handle DSD files)
Some directories appear as empty in ympd (solved in 0.99.4 Beta)
– sometimes shutdown is slow (solved in 0.19 Beta for Raspberry Pi)
This distribution was based on ideas and configuration from Raspyfi/Volumio and Runeaudio projects. I could not have done it without them. Please visit and try these two amazing projects: